Monday, November 30, 2009

When you wear eye make-up, how do you stop your eyes from itching?

I don't wear eye make-up too often unless I'm going out, but I'd like to wear it everyday. When I do wear it, I usually put on the works: Eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow.


I have worn eye make-up to work on several occassions and throughout the evening (I work 2nd shift) I find that my eyes may get irritated and start to itch. How can I wear eye make-up and avoid this?


I have asked women that I have worked with how do that avoid this and how do they rub their eyes if it itches and they have showed me, but it just seems like too much work.


Any suggestions?When you wear eye make-up, how do you stop your eyes from itching?
Hopefully you are not wearing eye liner in your eyes and instead on the lid or right under the lash. This can irritate your eyes when penciling them into the eye. Sometimes the eyeshadow powder can irritate as well as they can come near the eye and tickle the area. The powder can fall on the lashes too. Try to keep the eye area from getting to much powdery stuff near it, keep it clean, (use a cotton swap, cotton ball or even a makeup sponge would probably be better to swipe away excess powder lightly around the eyes). You could be allergic to mascara if you are using a cheap brand, try other brands if the current one your using makes your eyes itch. It's trial and error. It's also a good idea to get waterproof so it doesn't smudge.When you wear eye make-up, how do you stop your eyes from itching?
You need to use a hypo allergenic brand like Almay. Report Abuse

i always have the problem of touching my eyes forgetting that i put on eye makeup. i had that problem today. i put on make up sparatically. sometimes ill put it on all the time, other times ill put it one once or twice a month. just depends on where i go, who i hang out with. but in my eyes, you never know who you can run into. (anywhere). but i wear waterproof mascara, and powder eyeliner by mac. the eyeliner is what drops during the day causing black under my eyes, even when i blow away the excess when i put it on. i just put on cover up til the end of the day tho. i love color on my eyes, i just hate all the time and effort and left over black eyes even after i take 10minutes taking off the eye make up.
Sounds like you are allergic to your mascara or eyeliner or both.





Get a new tube of a hypoallergenic brand that does not contain fragrance. And no, you don't have to put mascara anywhere. Try Neutrogena's Mascara. They have a gel formula that is very fine in texture, and may irritate you less.
that's an allergy.try almay or boots no7 products both hypo allergenic and fragrance free,also not tested on bambi skippy or bugs bunny!
try hypo allergenic type also make sure you arent getting an infection try eyedrops sometimes your eyes are just dried out and tired this happens to me alot when i worked . also make sure you take off your eyemakeup before going to bed your eyes need to breath mascara also only last so long in a tube after a couple of weeks throw it out sounds kinda expensive but so is a doctors appoitment and then if you get pink eye or somthing you cant wear any at all take from me i also use to be called spider women not in a nice way refering to my eye makeup





i have heard that makeup on botom isnt necessary but i've worn it so long that i have to other wise i dont feel finished with my makeup i grew up in the 80's with poison we were the makeup generation no i didnt look at bad as tammie faye thanks goodness i just loves long lashes that were black
try putting foundation on your eyelids first and then a base such as a creamy pencil- then apply your eyeshadow. I know this works because I have many allergies and this what I do so that my eyelids don't itch.
I had my eyeliner tattooed on - cost me $400.00 and I use ';Kiss Me'; mascara. I don't use other eye products because they also cause my eyes to itch.
you dont have to put mascara on the bottom if you dont want to
in case of eye make up use a ear bud to remove it , as it helps to remove the liner and mascara close to your eyes. for teh eye shadow you should take cleansing milk on some cotton and remove it carefully without allowing teh cleansing milk to enter your eye.
dont share makeup
try to get an waterproof/smudge-proof eyeliner, i bought some and it works wonders for me.
it could be an allergic reaction see a dermatologiest or doctor and ask them about it.
  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    pigment