Monday, November 30, 2009

How do you keep your eye make-up intact?

By the end of the day, my eyeliner is all smudgy and gross. Is there any way to prevent this?How do you keep your eye make-up intact?
I use an oil mattifier after I wash my face, that usually prevents the sheen. Then I dab on a bit of foundation around my eyes, to keep the makeup fresh looking.How do you keep your eye make-up intact?
i have the same problem and sometimes it helps it i just dont touch my eyes and that helps but thats all i now hope i helped?
You may want to try a primer before putting on your eye makeup. I know for sure Smashbox has an eye primer and if I'm not mistaken so does Bare Minerals. It can be expensive but you use a very little amount. Its like a lot a sticky lotion and you put it on first then your eye makeup...it locks it on so no smudging or rubbing and it also helps to make your eye color more vibrant.
I use a primer, either paint by MAC or a paint pot...some people swear by Urban Decay Primer potion.


And as for eyeliner, MAC Fluidline does NOT budge ALL DAY. It's scary for some people because technically it's a liquid but it's a 'gel' liner so it's not as hard to mess it up
That has alot to do with the oil in your skin. Start by keeping yourself oil free by using a mattifing lotion or astringent. Then as far as eyeliner goes, try a liquid eyeliner. OR even use a powder liner.





I general use both and my eyeliner stays put all day. If you are unhappy with the liquid or powder stick with your regular pencil and then set it with the powder.
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer before you do your eye makeup.
Pencil eyeliners are always the worse to put on because they smuge off way before days end. Your best bet is to use an angled brush and line your lids with a power shadow. For some reason it lasts longer. Your second option to use liquid eyeliner but it takes some practice if you've never used it before. If you have no choice but to use a pencil the best way I know how to make it last longer is to blend your foundation on your upper eyelid and put any sort of setting power ontop of it so it basically gives you a nice smooth oil-free canvas to work with.
Try to find waterproof eyeliner and wear that. If you want to keep your non-waterproof eye makeup in place, I recommend using Urban Decay's Primer Potion, which keeps my eyeliner (on my upper lid and carefully applied below my lower lid eyelashes) and eye shadow in place all day.





You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





Good luck, and I hope you find this helpful!
use an eyeshadow, but one soooo neutral that you cant see it there. because the eyeliner has oils itself it will not stick to your face oils for long periods of time. so get a little tiny tiny brush and put the skin colored eye shadow on befor the liner. its way easy. i had the same problem but i asked this lady when i got my makeup done.
Simply dust a light layer of loose translucent powder over the eyeliner and over any eyeshadow. It helps to blend and ';lock'; the eye makeup onto your face.





Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment